Index to Vital Records - Over 100 years old
Marriage Licenses - Marriage Certificate Copy Request Form
Birth Certificates - Birth Certificate Copy Request Form
- Copies of birth certificates are on file in the Town Clerk's office in the town of occurrence, in the Town Clerk's office in the town of residence of the mother at time of birth, and the State of Connecticut Department of Vital Statistics in Hartford.
- You may obtain a certified copy from any of these sources.
- The fee is $20.00 per copy (cash or check).
- All requests for birth certificates must be made in writing. If you are requesting a birth certificate by mail, please include the following:
- Full name and date of birth of individual named on the certificate
- Parents' full names when birth occurred (including mother's maiden name)
- Proof of identification (copy of your current driver's license or any other photo ID)
- If photo ID is not available, copies of two of the following may be used: Social Security card, written verification of identity from employer (on letter head), automobile registration, copy of utility bill showing name and address, pay stub with name on it, checking account deposit slip stating name and address
- Please be sure to include address where the certificate is to be sent, and all requests must be signed.
- The government of Puerto Rico has enacted a new birth certificate law effective July 1, 2010 requiring new, more secure certificates to be issued. For more Information or to apply for a new birth certificate online click here. For a mail in application click here.
Death Certificates - Death Certificate Copy Request Form
- Copies of death certificates are on file in the Town Clerk's office where an individual died, the Town Clerks office where an individual resided before their death, and the State of Connecticut Department of Vital Statistics in Hartford.
- In order to obtain a certified copy of a death certificate, you must provide the name and date of death of the individual
- The fee for certified copies is $20.00 per copy (cash or check).
- Burial Records The fee is $3.00 per copy