- Individuals getting married in Connecticut must obtain their marriage license no more than 65 days before their wedding from the Town Clerk's office in the town where the wedding is to take place.
- Both parties must apply for the license in person, but they do not have to appear together.
- The fee for a marriage license is $50.00.
- The fee for a certified copy of a marriage license is $20.00 (cash or check).
- Note: Same sex marriages became legal in Connecticut on November 12, 2008.
Marriage License Application - complete and email to Town Clerk
Who May Perform a Marriage in Connecticut
Justices of the Peace
Kent Community House Rental Information
Information on Divorcing in the State of Connecticut
Marriage Certificate Copy Request Form