The Town Clerk's office maintains records pertaining to property transactions in the Town of Kent such as deeds, mortgages, liens, maps, condominium documents, easements and certain probate matters.
- Recording fees are $60.00 for the first page of a document and $5.00 for each subsequent page except for nominees.
- There is a $159.00 flat fee for Assignments or Releases of Mortgage with a nominee as Assignor, Grantor, or Releasor.
- There is a recording fee of $159.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each subsequent page for Assignments and Releases with nominee as Grantee, and all other nominee documents.
- When recording a document with conveyance consideration, an additional $2.00 fee is charged to cover administrative costs for filing the forms with the State of Connecticut Department of Revenue Services.
- Click here for State and local Real Estate Conveyance Tax information blank Kent RE Conv Tax Stmt form
- The recording fee for a map is $20.00.
- Copies of land records are available for $1.00 per page.
- There is a $2.00 fee to certify a copy of a document.
- There is a $20.00 fee (per day) for hand-held scanner usage.
- All fees and charges are set by State of Connecticut Statutes.
Residential Property Foreclosures
Pursuant to CT Public Act 11-201 The Town Clerk maintains a log of registration forms for residential property being foreclosed and property acquired through foreclosure. There may be a fee of $60.00 file either Form 1 or Form 2.
List of Filed Registration of Property Being Foreclosed Forms
Pending Foreclosures in CT